AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada; our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
Field Technician – Fort St John, BC
This is an entry level role which involves working with a partner to gather samples at various sites.
- Hydrocarbon field sampling (oil/condensate, natural gas, water, emulsion.)
- Participate in on-call schedule; schedule can vary depending on time of year and jobs that need to be covered.
- Field sampling jobs may require out of town stay for short periods of time.
- Book field jobs and complete associated paperwork
- Travel will be required on a daily basis.
- Field work accounts for approximately 90% of the job.
- High school diploma/relevant technical training.
- Knowledge of oil field/ SAGD operations.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Mechanical aptitude, experience with a variety of hand tools.
- Ability and eagerness to learn new skills and sampling protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driver abstract are required.
- H2S Alive, First Aid, CSO, PST, CSTS would be considered assets.
- All training will be provided for the right candidate.
**This position involves being on our customers facilities or sites that require proof of double vaccination and rapid tests.
**This position does not offer accommodations and is not a fly in/fly out or camp role, as such, the successful candidate should be currently local to the Fort St. John, BC area or willing to relocate.
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.