** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you ready to reach new heights and take your career to the next level? Utilize your leadership, organization and problem solving skills while overseeing the day-to-day laboratory operations at Fort Nelson General Hospital.
Under the general direction of the Regional Director and reporting to the HSA, responsible for the overall administrative and technical management of the Laboratory Department and its operations including policies, procedures, budgets, reports, personnel and records. Plans, organizes and directs the work of the Laboratory staff in all areas ensuring that suitable quality assurance is maintained.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 07:00 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:30, 08:30 to 17:00
New Wage: As of April 1, 2023, the new wage is: $36.96 - $46.13/hour
Fort Nelson General Hospital is a nine acute bed hospital with seven long-term care beds. Services include laboratory, medical imaging, community counselling, basic obstetrics and minor surgery. Visiting specialists in obstetrics, pediatrics, massage therapy, acupuncture and physiotherapy is also available. Fort Nelson also has dental clinics, pharmacies, a health unit, drug and alcohol programs, counselling services, child and youth programs, and several support groups and organizations.
Fort Nelson is located in the northernmost region of the Rocky Mountains and has a family and recreation-oriented community of 3,366 (2021) people. The country around Fort Nelson is vast and has an abundance of rivers, mountains, hot springs and wildlife viewing for the adventure seeker. Check out Fort Nelson for more information for those who want a slower pace lifestyle.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Participation in on-call rotation required.
• Graduate of a recognized program in Medical Laboratory Technology. Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science or Advanced Registered Technologist Certificate required.
• Successful completion of an administrative training program such as a Canadian Hospital Association Departmental Management Certificate.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Laboratory Technologists.
• Five (5) years recent related experience, two of which would have been at a supervisory level or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Physical and mental ability to carry out duties of position.
• Ability to plan, organize and supervise the department work and staff.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to cooperate and deal effectively with others.
• Ability to establish standards and objectives, measure performance and take corrective action as a means of controlling laboratory services.
How to Apply
For full details and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.northernhealth.ca/ViewJobPosting/5516603?ReturnUrl=%2fJobSearch%2fs-%2f0-0-0-10-40-false-0-5
Please note: if the post is no longer available on the Northern Health Careers webpage, the position is no longer accepting applicants.